Trekking in Nepal during monsoon
Nepal is such an amazing place for trekking and tour, you can trek in Nepal for the whole year. The best season for trekking and expedition may be spring and autumn, By trekking in Nepal during monsoon, you can get a different experience. Find out about the quick facts on monsoon highlights in Nepal to make your trip amazing one by discovering best of nature and floral impressions.
Good Facts to know beforehand
- Rainy season in Nepal usually starts from months of the middle week of June to the first week of September.
- During this time, the temperature is between 22 degree Celsius or 71 degrees Fahrenheit in Kathmandu (1350m above sea level) and one degree less temperature in every 200m higher elevation. (All are near approximate values).
- Nepal experiences the most rainfall between 130-320mm during this time with July being the month with heaviest rain falls.
- Rain is most often seen during evening and night with clear sunshine during mornings with 7 to 10 hours of sunshine in a day. So, it’s not always raining.
In the present context, many travelers are also looking up for trekking in Nepal during monsoon time. And with no any worry of crowd or availability of rooms in lodges; you can feel the real thrill of trekking during monsoon. Along with these, there are few other advantages too that you can grab on:
Advantages of Monsoon Trekking
- Excellent sunrise views. The rainfall happens mostly during the night time and skies are usually clear in the morning. This gives us wonderful opportunity to view excellent sunrise views from popular viewpoints across the trails. The warm lights of the sun striking the rain clouds and gradual change of white snow capped the rain-soaked Himalayas to golden colors is a great sight to see and enjoy.
- Limited edition natural highlights only for you. Trekking routes will mostly be isolated during this time and this gives you to soak well into natural highlights, take your time to immerse in the beauty of nature. In the meantime, take care of you too while walking slowly on the slippery trails.
- Lots of greenery brings best of floral highlights. The Himalayas are more beautiful and clean in rain-soak monsoon season than ever. The trekking route is usually fill with lush green vegetation, flowers blooming and agricultural farming on terrace farmlands; It is a good time for all these views and chance to interact with locals about local products.