Lhasa city essential Tour is suitable who have limited time and budget. Lhasa is the place of god, Potala (Red and White) soaring on the top of the sacred city; the beating religious heart of Tibet, Jokhang with pilgrims prostrating; Barkhor Street full of stalls selling prayer wheels and turquoise, Muslim traders, Thangka workshop.
Brief Itinerary of Lhasa City Essential Tour
Day 01 Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02 Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
Day 03 Flight to Lhasa
Day 04 Lhasa Suburb (Drepung and Sera Monastery
Day 05 Lhasa Coty (Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Street)
Day 06 Lhasa to Kathmandu, evening time free for shopping
Day 07 Departure at your destination
Detail Itinerary of Lhasa City Essential Tour
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Our airport representative picks up you from Tribhuvan International Airport and departs at your pre-booked hotel. We will organize welcome dinner with Nepali cultural dance. (Meal: Dinner)
Day 02: Full day Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
After breakfast at the hotel, your private vehicle is ready for sightseeing at your hotel. This day you will visit in Pashupatinath, Bouddhanath, Swyambhunath, and Kathmandu Durbar square. (Meal Breakfast)
Day 03: Depart for Lhasa
This day you will depart to Lhasa and our staff will greet you at Lhasa Airport to transfer you to the hotel. From Lhasa Airport to downtown Lhasa, usually, takes about one and half hour. After transfer to hotel, the rest of the day you will be free to wander around the city on your own but try not to overtax yourself. This day in you rest is essential to acclimatize high altitude. Remember to drink lots of water, eat light, and not to shower if you can help it. In this day our guide gives brief about Lhasa City Essential Tour. (Meal Breakfast)
Day 04: Lhasa Suburb
Highlights: Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery
Today you will visit totally 2 attractions in Lhasa suburb. In the morning, we will arrange you to see Drepung Monastery. In the afternoon, we will visit Sera Monastery. You will stay a long hour on sightseeing today under the fierce sun of Tibet, do arm yourself with sunglasses/ hat/ sunscreen.
Also, a welcome dinner will be held tonight to introduce you to the whole gang that you are going to travel with. We have customers from all over the world. You will be fun to meet people from different countries, culture and background.
Located about Eight km west of central Lhasa, Drepung Monastery was once one of the world’s largest monasteries. The word Drepung literally translates as ‘rice heap’, a reference to the huge numbers of white monastic buildings that once piled up on the hillside. Sera Monastery is situated in the northern town of Lhasa City. The monastery was named Sera which mean wild rose in the Tibetan language because the hill behind it was covered with wild roses in bloom when the monastery was built. From Monday to Friday, every afternoon, you will be able to see monks debating at Sera Monastery. (Meal: Breakfast and Dinner)
Day 05: Lhasa City Sightseeing
Highlights: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street
This is an important and main day of Lhasa tour. In this morning, you will depart to visit Potala Palace. It is around 3,700 meters above sea level and it is the highest palace in the world! At the top the palace called golden roofs; you can have a bird-eye view of the whole of Lhasa. In the distance, there are rolling mountain ranges, the beautiful Lhasa River, tracts of fields, tree-shaded villages and the glistening Jokhang Temple.
In this Afternoon, you will visit Jokhang Temple, it is the first built during the period of Sontsan Gambo in the 7th century, features Buddhist prayer wheels, reclining deer, golden sutra streamers. You will find many pilgrims pray earlier than the monastery. The circuit around it called Barkhor Street, a famous local handmade crafts market, which is a good place to purchase souvenirs. (Meal: Breakfast)
Day 06: Departure from Lhasa
This is your final day in Tibet. After breakfasts in hotel, you will be free for shopping in the morning (Depends on flight schedule). Our staff will collect you at your hotel to transfer to Lhasa Airport for Kathmandu. This day is free for shopping for your families and friends or if you haven’t proper time, next day you can do this shopping. (Meal: Breakfast)
Day 08: Depart for your destination
After completion of Lhasa and Kathmandu tour, you will depart at least three hours before than your flight time. (Meal: Breakfast)
Cost Inclusion for Lhasa City Essential Tour
- Hotel accommodation as per itinerary in three-star category hotel in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- Meals as per itinerary
- Kathmandu – Lhasa – Kathmandu Flight ticket
- All Land transportation
- Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB)
- English Speaking local guide
- All entrance fees
- All applicable government tax and company service charge
- Nepal and China Visa Fee
- Lunch and dinner except than itinerary
- Additional days caused by any reason
- Personal Expenses and travel insurance
- Tipping for guide and driver
- All other costs, which is not included in cost includes
Important Notes of Lhasa City Essential Tour:
- Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB) & Military Permit usually takes about 30-working-day to apply. If you couldn’t provide the required documents & information on time, an extra USD 80 per permit will be charged;
During the 3-day Mt Kailash Kora—
Lodgings: clean dorm-bed guesthouse; in peak season, we provide tent in case the guesthouses are fully booked by Indian pilgrims.
Food: You can buy Tibetan noodles (USD 5) & instant noodles (USD 2) along the way.
Luggage: leave most of your luggage in our vehicle; bring only the immediate essential goods. We provide yaks & herder to carry your entire luggage
- We reserve the right to amend the itinerary and other things in Lhasa but we are committed to provide all services;
- If you prefer to book hotel yourself over those included in our group tour, please meet the rest of the group at their daily hotel on time. Transportation from your hotel is not included;
- We need to pickup and drop off all tour members of the group on first & last day from Lhasa Airport, thus there may not always have guide presence but driver;
- Due to the special nature of Tibet travel, any unforeseeable and unavoidable objective circumstances, including but not limited to natural disasters, war, terrorism, riot, civil commotion, strikes, public health emergencies, government action, major traffic jams, delay or cancellation of flight, attractions temporarily closed. etc., resulting in change of itinerary, the increased cost will be paid by travelers; if any attraction visits has to be cancelled due to the same reasons above, Peregrine Treks won’t be hold responsible for refund except certain attraction entrance fee which will be solely decided by Peregrine Treks.
- Single Supplement: our quote is based on twin rooms. For single travelers, single supplement is required at the time of booking. If later we manage to match you with another traveler to share the twin rooms, single supplement will be refunded.
Not really satisfied with this itinerary ? Make your own Customize It