Kailash Overland Tour is an exhilarating tour in the roof of the world Tibet. Crossing the barren flatlands, driving via 3000 to 5000 meters above sea level passing by different types of the vegetation and people. They make the tour even more awesome than the flight tour. The state of China is the autonomous area with its vibrant geographical settings and Buddhist monasteries. The overland tour to Kailash consists of the Potala Palace, Caves, clear view of Mount Everest, modern cities of Tibet and blue watered Mansarovar Lake.
The Tibet was opened for the tourists to visit only in 1985 and since that date, the region is getting popularity among the tourists and pilgrims. The scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa will take place and then the Kailash overland tour starts. Once you have settled the visa issues in Lhasa immigration you will be accompanied by the Tibetan guide who will take you to the landmark destination of the Tibet and surrounding cities within the state. The places like Gyantse, Tingri, Zhangma and other significant destinations could be awesome adventure tour in Tibet. If it was from Nepal itself in the four wheel drive then you would have travelled 1000 km journey.
The spectacular sightseeing destinations like Norbulinkha Palace, Jokhang Temple and other monasteries used by the Dalai Lama could be the center of attraction to you. Turquoise lake and numerous high passes along with the panoramic views of the mountains like Lhotse, Makalu and Everest from another side of the world will amaze you. The visit of the Mansarovar Lake which in itself is the source of Indus, Sutlej, Karnali and Brahmaputra rivers is very attractive as if it is the heaven on earth.
Come and book this amazing Kailash Overland Tour package to witness the mystical monasteries, scenic mountains, enchanting lakes and the modern cities of the traditional Tibet state of China with the responsible team of Peregrine Treks & Expeditions.
Important Notes of Kailash Overland Tour:
- Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB) & Military Permit usually takes about 30-working-day to apply. If you couldn’t provide the required documents & information on time, an extra USD 80 per permit will be charged;
During the 3-day Mt Kailash Kora—
Lodgings: clean dorm-bed guesthouse; in peak season, we provide a tent in case the guesthouses are fully booked by Indian pilgrims.
Food: You can buy Tibetan noodles (USD 5) & instant noodles (USD 2) along the way.
Luggage: leave most of your luggage in our vehicle; bring only the immediate essential goods. We provide yaks & harder to carry your entire luggage
- We reserve the right to amend the itinerary in Lhasa, but we are committed to providing all services.
- If you prefer to book a hotel yourself over those included in our group tour; please meet the rest of the group at their daily hotel on time. Transportation from your hotel is not included.
- We need to pick up and drop off all tours members of the group on first & last day from Lhasa Airport, thus there may not always have guide presence but driver.
- Due to the special nature of Tibet travel, any unforeseeable and unavoidable objective circumstances, including but not limited to natural disasters, war, terrorism, riot, civil commotion, strikes, public health emergencies, government action, major traffic jams, delay or cancellation of flight, attractions temporarily closed. etc., resulting in a change of itinerary, the increased cost will be paid by travellers; if any attraction visits have to be cancelled due to the same reasons above, Peregrine Treks won’t be held responsible for a refund except certain attraction entrance fee which will be solely decided by Peregrine Treks.
- Single Supplement: our quote is based on twin rooms. For single travellers, single supplement is required at the time of booking. If later we manage to match you with another traveller to share the twin rooms, the single supplement will be refunded.
Kailash Overland Tour Itinerary & Other Details
|Destination:||Nepal and Tibet|
|Duration:||17 nights 18 days|
|Arrival on:||Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu|
|Max Altitude:||Around 5000 meters|
|Accomodation:||3 star hotel in Kathmandu|
|Meals:||as per itinerary|